I found a few suggestions for things to put on your bucket list online and decided to see how many I had done already, how many I still had to do and how many I was never going to attempt.
Just because someone else wants to bungee jump at the Grand Canyon doesn’t mean it has to be on your list. So have a browse through other peoples ideas and check off what’s important to you and what makes you say “Nah, I’ll pass”
Here’s a list compiled from some of the lists I’ve read to get you started:
- See the Northern Lights
- Visit Paris
- See the Sistine Chapel in Vatican City
- Visit a German Christmas Market
- Tour Havana in a classic car, Cuba
- Visit Stonehenge
- Ride a Gondola in Venice
- Watch the Fireworks at Disneyland
- Take a Road Trip Across America
- See the Hollywood Sign
- See the Grand Canyon Arizona
- Go whitewater rafting in the Smoky Mountains
- See a Broadway Musical
- Go to the Top of the Statue of Liberty and/or the Empire State Building
- Go to the Top of the Shard in London
- Go to the Top of the CN Tower, Toronto
- Walk on the Great Wall of China
- Visit Tokyo
- Discover Machu Picchu, Peru
- Visit a Chocolate Factory
- Go to a Music Festival
- Swim with Dolphins
- Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef
- Go Ziplining
- Go Skydiving
- Ride in a Hot Air Balloon
- Ride in a Helicopter
- Fly First Class
- Get tickets to see the Olympics
- Visit All Seven Continents
I’ve been lucky and have managed to tick off a number of the items listed above.
There are also some of the items that I’ve come close to but not completed. For example, I’ve been to Venice a number of times but have yet to ride a Gondola and I’ve swam with sharks but not dolphins.
There are other experiences that I’ve got planned for the future, like visiting a German Christmas Market which has seasonal availability.
And there are a couple of items that I’m not going to attempt (eg Go Skydiving).
How many have you done, how many are still to do and how many are “Nah, I’ll pass” items?